Metacity

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Thu Jan 29 23:54:38 UTC 2004

Steve Bergman wrote:

>> * click-to-raise on windows (NOT auto-raise)
> What exactly is this? I thought metacity *did* click to raise.

It seems to require that you click on the menubar.
Clicking in a terminal or other window does nothing that I can tell.

You can choose to click-to-focus, but I hate that sooooo much.

> If you are talking 'active borders' here, it has got to be the most
> obnoxious, confusing, guaranteed to make a Linux-Hater out of any newbie
> "feature" that I have ever encountered.

It never bothered me in fvwm, although there have been some lousy
implementations.

>> * the ability to easily choose an alternate window manager
>>
> switchdesk->KDE?  ,'-)

Isn't that almost like suggesting switching to another OS?