Metacity

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Jan 30 00:55:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 19:23, Bevan C. Bennett wrote:
> So I've been going around upgrading users from various older RedHat
> versions and the number one issue that that bring up seems to be
> "metacity won't do what I want it to".

I started down the "let's make Metacity more configurable road" and
finally decided, "hey, you know what?  GNOME doesn't *force* me to use
Metacity!"  So I don't.  I switched to xfwm4 (the XFCE window manager),
and I'm totally happy[*].

[*]OK, not *totally* happy.  I don't like the way xfwm4's alt-tab works
(it cycles through the panel windows, and it appears to block audio and
visual events while it's cycling (e.g., hold down alt-tab too long and
xmms stops playing), and I can't get it to remember how many workspaces
I have).  Other than those two minor things, I'm *totally* happy.  :-)

Ben
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves