anyone familiar with k3b in Fedora?

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Fri Jan 30 05:53:52 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 07:29, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> xcdroast should work fine.  I would recomend playing with cdrecord from
> the command line first to get a handle on where your cd device is and how
> it works...
>
> cdrecord -scanbus
>
> would tell you where your cdwriter is...
>
> cdrecord dev=0,0,0 something.iso
>
> would burn a cd, from an iso to the first scsi/atapi cd device.
>
> after those two the mkisofs and cdrecord manpages are a good place to look
> for info and more debuging information.
>
> joelja
>
>  On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Dave Stevens wrote:
>
> > I have a Lite-on DVDRW LDW 411S CD and DVD burner and could not find a working
> > CD burner in the default set of FC1 packages. I am trying to use k3b. The
> > user interface is very nice, but for some perverse reason it doesn't actually
> > write anything on the CD. I am trying to make a copy of some music and have
> > tried burning an audio cd from ripped mp3s and no joy.
> >
> > ideas?
> >
> > Dave
> >

> --
> Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
> GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2

This is good advise I personally prefered roxio6 but since that dont
work in linux I decided to try a few apps and quite frankly if found
Xcdroast to be a dog it is very unuser friendly I cant get it to write
any of my images saved on the server and ordinary file selection was
difficult, Look maybe I just dont know how to use it, I just found the
cdrecord from command line was better. I installed K3B and all the
dependancies and devel packages from freshrpms and I only use it for
making audio CDs.
I have tested it thoroughly and it is the roxio for linux.Best thing is
I never had to configure it.

Cheers
--
Chadley Wilson <chadley at pinteq.co.za>