IPTABLES doesn't work

smoothmilk smthmlk at fuckmicrosoft.com
Fri Jan 30 05:53:38 UTC 2004

Michael Kearey <mutk at iprimus.com.au> wrote:
"What do you think 'eth0 trusted' means ?
Again I suggest you think about what you are doing. 'eth0 trusted'
means trust anything coming to eth0. You have opened up any packets
comming to eth0 to be allowed."

I had no idea what 'trust eth0 means', and that's why im here asking for
help ;)

Like i said in the original post, i dont know much of anything about
iptables or how it works. Thanks for the help.

And thanks to Ow Mun Heng for the pointer to shorewall, i will check it
out. No, this is not a free email address. i think they want something
like $20 for it (its a 1 time charge, not monthly/yearly/etc).