newbie with installation troubles

Michael Scottaline mscottaline at mail15.com
Fri Jan 30 09:15:47 UTC 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:40:56 -0800 (PST)
Wayne Jensen <shiznilte83 at yahoo.com> insightfully noted:

>I just got a copy of fedora and bought a new hard
>drive to install it on.  I just finished installing
>the new hard drive and installing fedora on it. When I
>boot into fedora I see a screen where it shows
>everything being loaded then the screen goes black and
>thats it. Then when I boot into windows it tries to
>run compaq system recovery. Am I doing something wrong
>here?
>-Wayne
Possibly X is not set up properly.  I think you're getting to the point where
the process converts to graphics.  If X is not configured properly, the screen
could go black.
Mike

--
"No one man, however brilliant or well-informed, can come in
one lifetime to such a fullness of understanding as to safely