KDE 3.1.95 rpm install

Eric A. Constant constan8 at msu.edu
Fri Jan 30 20:52:55 UTC 2004

I am having some trouble getting the new KDE beta up and running.

I had/have 3.1.4 running in Fedora.

I downloaded the 3.1.95 fedora rpms from ftp.kde.org, got a few extra
packages to satisfy dependencies, got out of x and did an rpm -Uvh on
the directory containing all the necessary packages.  Seemed to go off
without a hitch.  The only messages were that certain packages had
already been installed.

I went to start up x again, logged in and found that I was still in KDE
3.1.4.

What did I do wrong or what do I still need to do to get 3.1.95 going?

Do I need to uninstall the old kde?  edit some config or xsession
files?  I'm not even sure where the new KDE files installed.  Any help
would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Eric