Adding Windows 2000 into a dual-boot after the fact?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sat Jan 31 00:20:39 UTC 2004

Darrin wrote:

> I have heard that Windows will wipe out the boot info for Linux if you
> install Windows on a box that already has Linux installed.
> For that reason, I've only set up dual boot systems by having the
> Windows OS installed first.

Usually windoze does that.. it's very rare , but sometimes it doesnt
wipe the linux boot loader.. (it happened to my only once)
In my computer , I install linux first , creating all the partitions
(the big FAT partitions I create as ext3 and later I use partition magic
to delete them and create them as fat, because linux doesnt like to
create big FAT partitions [specially above 10Gb]). then I install
windoze and later I use the install cd to go on rescue mode to reinstall
the boot loader...

Pedro Macedo