"Connection refused when attempting to contact 192.168.1.181:631"

MJang michael at ywow.org
Sat Jan 31 03:41:41 UTC 2004

Dear Richard,

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 21:19, Richard M. McCord wrote:
> I am trying to get my PC to print on my wife's printer.  We each are
> running Fedora Core 1.
>
> Per the CUPS instructions in the Osborne "RHCE Study Guide" (no

You might try the Red Hat Printer Configuration tool
(redhat-config-printer). Red Hat seems to have taken the foomatic
database that normally comes with CUPS and incorporated it in its own
GUI tool. While it does less than CUPS, it's easier for newer Linux
users.

Unfortunately, redhat-config-printer wasn't so reliable when the RHCE
book was written.

Thanks (* I'm not laughing, I'm smiling)
Mike