Mail server in Fedora

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Sat Jan 31 14:20:19 UTC 2004

Am Sam, den 31.01.2004 schrieb PCDEBB | Fedora-list um 14:33:
> I'm thinking of making my new machine totally dedicated to Fedora.  I want
> to move my mail and webserver over to this computer as well.  I think I have
> a handle on the web part, but having troubles with mail.  I run a few
> different domains and have a few email accounts for each domain.  I wanted
> to use Kerio Mailserver as it has a linux version, but on my original dual
> boot install it complained about not having some files and getting it
> started I was only able to create one mail account.
>
> Is there perhaps something better (or something that's installed by default
> I can use), or can it even be done?
>
> Thanks
Hi,

I use postfix in version 2x which is delivered with FC1. As imap-server
i use the non-standard cyrus-imapd where you also get FC-SRC-rpms
(http://home.teleport.ch/simix). Postfix is (for me) much easier to
configure an maintain than sendmail which doesn't mean to have lesser
possibilities or lesser secure. Sendmail is also delivered with FC1 and
represents IMHO the standard for smtp-servers in linux-world.

FC1 delivers as pop/imap-server for your mailboxes the usual imap-daemon
as also dovecot, which should be more secure.

HTH
Roger