Random System Crashes

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Sat Jan 31 16:41:29 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 10:19, Mike Chepesky wrote:

> >Maybe a hardware problem?  What kind of machine and processor?  Are
> you
> >doing any kind of over-clocking?  Were any other OSs able to run on
> this
> >machine?
> >
> >When this lock up happens, what happens when you do F1?  How
> >about Backspace?
>

> I had the idea that it might have been my monitor, and having too high
> a refresh rate, but lowering it didn't seem to help. I have an AMD
> Athlon running at 1 GHz, with no overclocking. Windows XP is running
> on a separate partition, and works fine.

Whoa!  Your hotmail account is eating my words!  In my original
response, besides asking about your hardware, I also asked about certain
keystroke combinations - Ctrl-Alt-F1 and Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.  But I
included them in angle brackets as is customary.  Your response back to
me (above) looks like your Hotmail entirely deleted the parts inside the
angle brackets leaving only "F1" and "Backspace".

Anyway, how about those keystrokes when your machine freezes?  Are they
frozen out also or do they function?