Installing Fedora from ISO Images

David Hunt david.hunt.linux at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 02:15:02 UTC 2004

I am currently running Windows XP / Mandrake 9.1 on a Dell Inspiron 5100. I was planning on upgrading to Mandrake 9.2 (mainly for ACPI) and decided to give Fedora a try. Well that's the preample. But, here is the catch. I didn't pay for the external floppy drive, or a CD writer. So, I've downloaded the ISO images, I have verified the MD5SUM, I can even mount the images and view the files inside. But as far as I can tell, without writing the images to a CD, it appears that I can't do anything usefull with them. It seems like it should be possible to mount the images during the install process, instead of the CD-ROM. Has anyone ever tried that?

Thanks,

David Hunt