Installing Fedora from ISO Images

res73gzq res73gzq at verizon.net
Thu Jan 1 02:58:51 UTC 2004

I was able to put the iso images on a disk.  with RH9, you can boot linux from fd0.  Linux install asks where the iso images are.  you tell them the directory.  I put them in a DOS directory.  I am pretty sure this wlould also work with a Linux directory.  You can also install from another computer; but aparently my NIC card is not one of the standard NIC cards.  I used rawrite (DOS utility) but you should also be able to do Linux DD.  Rawrite is on Disk1, in DOSUTILS.  The fd0 boot images are on Disk1, directory: images.

I tried to do this with Fedora, but I get:  "Boot failed, please change disks and press a key to continue."

Any one know how to do this with Fedora?

John