Show Details on Bootup

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Jan 1 19:39:13 UTC 2004

At 12:45 1/1/2004, you wrote:
>Simon Perreault wrote:
>>On January 1, 2004 13:05, Randall Crunk wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any way for me to edit a file for Fedora
>>>so that when the computer boots I don't have to
>>>click on the "show details" every time to see what
>>>is going on?
>>
>>See http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/ and grep for "rhgb".
>
>I read these pages upon pages of notes, being somewhat new
>to Linux, I guess I just didn't know what I was looking for
>as I don't see anything there to help me.

Not to worry, Randall... I've been around Linux for a while now, and I
couldn't find anything in the release notes to answer your question either.
Perhaps Simon didn't understand your question and provided an answer to
"how do I set up my computer to use the graphical boot" instead of "how do
I always show details in the graphical boot".

I suggest you always try to search the list archives and then Google before
posting a question to the list. If you're new to Linux, most questions you
will have are things upon which someone else has already bumped into, and
there will be an answer in the archives or Google. It's also quicker than
posting a question and getting an answer a day or two later.

The archives are found at:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

However, if you forget or lose that URL (which I always do), then simply
hit the link at the bottom of every post to the list, where it says "To
unsubscribe". That link takes you to a page where you can do several things
related to the mailing list, and the very first one near the top of the
page is a link to the archives. Once you actually get to the archives, you
can enter a search query there.

I entered "rhgb graphical boot always show details" in the search box and
got lots and lots of stuff, but you have to wade through a bunch of
material. Not finding that interface particularly friendly at this point, I
went to Google, and did some searching there with 'always "show details"
graphical boot fedora' and found a few links, but no answers.

The story should end with my giving you the right answer but... no joy. I
have no idea how to solve this particular question. But the archives and
Google may help you find the answer to others while for this one we wait to
see what the list says. <smile>

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com