I'm having trouble booting from the CD

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Thu Jan 1 20:57:58 UTC 2004

On or about 2003-12-31 19:05, Tyler whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and
scribbled:

> Hello everyone.  I have a problem I was hoping someone could help me
> with.  When I try to boot my Fedora CD I get this message
>

> ISOLINUX 2.06  2003-08-22   isolinux:  disk error 01, AX = 4293, 9F
>

> I have no idea what it means or what to do.  Any help that someone
> could give me would be appreciated.

Did you burn the CD yourself? Can you look at it on your Windows system
and see if it has just one big file on it named xxxxx.iso?  If so, then
that's why it won't boot.  You need to tell your CD burner to "Make a CD
from an ISO image" not just copy the .iso file to the CD.

--
Fritz Whittington
"You need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and