Show Details on Bootup

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Thu Jan 1 22:24:09 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-01-01 14:16, Simon Perreault whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

>On January 1, 2004 14:39, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
>

>>Not to worry, Randall... I've been around Linux for a while now, and I
>>couldn't find anything in the release notes to answer your question either.
>>Perhaps Simon didn't understand your question and provided an answer to
>>"how do I set up my computer to use the graphical boot" instead of "how do
>>I always show details in the graphical boot".
>>

>Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. I have never tested this solution, but this is how
>I would do it: in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, at line 92 is where rhgb is started.
>You only need to add a line:
>
>rhgb-client --details=yes
>
>after rhgb is started. Maybe you will have to add a
>
>sleep N
>
>where N is replaced by the appropriate number of seconds that you must wait
>for the X server to start. So do something like that:
>
>/usr/bin/rhgb
>sleep 5
>/usr/bin/rhgb-client --details=yes
>
>for example. Good luck!

I think there's a much simpler solution :-)  I tried the rhgb, decided I
always wanted to see the details anyway,  noted that the rhgb was slower
anyway, so I just disabled rhgb and use the regular boot, which not only
always shows you the details, but shows them in a font big enough to
read (the console 25x80 font, as opposed to the default X-size drawn on
1600x1200 screen)!

--
Fritz Whittington
TI Alum - http://www.tialumni.org