Gnome-Terminal in KDE

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Thu Jan 1 23:23:31 UTC 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 03:08 pm, Krikket wrote:

> Any thoughts on how to execute Gnome-Terminal from within KDE?
> Ideally, I'd like to get a quick-launch button on my desktop, as well
> as have it placed in the red-hat menu.
The following depends on having Gnome installed as well as KDE.

Right-click on your desktop...

Create New | Link to Application

Under the general tab, type in the name you want to appear under the
icon on your desktop.  If you don't like the default Icon, click on it
and choose another icon.

Under the Execute tab, type in:

/usr/bin/gnome-terminal

and click on OK.

That's it.

> The KDE terminal is nice, but lacking in changing alphabets...

Not on my system:

Settings | Font | Custom

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation