Updated web page, but seeing older one?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Jan 1 23:24:03 UTC 2004

Hi!

I've just made a major update to www.simpaticus.com and one of the changes
was to move all pages to PHP. In an attempt to keep my life in order, I
also renamed all files to .php instead of .html (yes, I know I could write
PHP code in a file with HTML extension and it would work, I just don't want
to).

Now, the .html file for my most-visited page is just a quick redirect to
the right .php. However, although the old page does not even exist on the
server anymore, when I try to check the updates from my web browser, all I
get is the old .html page which is now full of broken links and wrong
information. I do NOT get the new .php page (or the new .html page) no
matter how much I refresh.

Could someone take a look at:

www.simpaticus.com/linux/sendmail-smtp-auth-howto.html

and tell me what you get? The right response is a quick redirect page and
then automatically get sent to:

www.simpaticus.com/linux/sendmail-smtp-auth-howto.php

Please let me know off-list, so as not to bother the rest of the world.
It's just that I don't update the website all that often, and I'm worried I
might have just broken it. :-)

Thanks,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz