How do I change the configration of sendmail

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 2 00:00:09 UTC 2004

Jeff Lasman said:
> Please let me know where it says this so I can try some "out-of-the-box"
> installs and try to understand where sendmail or RHL/FC might make
> these changes.

[whooper at kenny whooper]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)
[whooper at kenny whooper]$ rpm -q sendmail
sendmail-8.12.10-1.1.1
[whooper at kenny whooper]$ grep -n make /etc/init.d/sendmail
41:     if test -x /usr/bin/make -a -f /etc/mail/Makefile ; then
42:       make all -C /etc/mail -s
46:             makemap hash /etc/mail/$i < /etc/mail/$i
[whooper at kenny whooper]$ grep -n EDIT /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
25:#####        DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!  Only edit the source .mc file.
[whooper at kenny whooper]$

--
William Hooper