Show Details on Bootup

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Jan 2 03:10:39 UTC 2004

At 20:47 1/1/2004, you wrote:
>Hi there, maybe it's just me, but why use the graphical boot at all?
>I just uninstalled the rpm and if you still want a graphical login you
>just set initdefault:5 in /etc/inittab.... (which you probably allready
>have...)

A graphical boot sequence, and booting into a graphical user interface, are
two entirely different things.

I am personally delighted that the graphical boot is finally maturing (and
waiting for a graphical shutdown to keep it company). Several
computer-illiterate users have commented to me that watching all that
cryptic text flying across the screen scares them and has convinced them
(just from that one little detail) that Linux is for computer-savvy people
only since it /must/ be difficult to understand all that.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com