windows 2003 server

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Fri Jan 2 18:59:43 UTC 2004

Quoting gm <novastars at sympatico.ca>:

> Hey guys
>
> I was wondering if linux works with windows 2003 server. Basically, I
> want linux machines to be able to connect to the windows server, so that
> people have access to our printer (located on the server) and a portion
> of our hard drive space.

Hello erm, GM (geneticly modified food?)

You will want to use samba to have access to the Windows 2003 shares, you should
be able to configure it to provide access to both the shares as well as the
printer.

There is a gui utility for setting upt he printers, which makes it more
convenient.

You are also able to authenticate users against the Windows 2003 server if you
like.

I would recommend installing Fedora, and see how you go.

Douglas