Proper ettiquette for posting messages

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Fri Jan 2 20:40:48 UTC 2004

Simon Perreault wrote:

> On January 2, 2004 14:59, adunn at micron.com wrote:
>
>> (something that won't get quoted because it was below the signature mark)
>

> Can Outlook be configured to put the quoting before the reply? If not,
> then it
> is not appropriate for participating in mailing lists.

Last time I checked this was the Fedora mailing list.

Does Outlook (Express) run on Fedora?

If you don't use Fedora, then why are you participating in this group?

Most of this disscussion is rediculous. Whether you respond at the top
the bottom or somewhere in the middle of a message is not determined
by the starting point of your cursor. Put the cursor where you want to
type, click the mouse, then type your comment.

Besides, who starts to read from the bottom of a message?

Most people look for the changes and read the relevant parts in order
to make sense of the comment. There for the only rules should be :

1) Put your comment close to part you are commenting about.
2) If you don't have anything constructive to add, don't comment.
3) DO NOT send in HTML, it wastes space and bandwidth.