KDE Applets

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Sat Jan 3 03:32:35 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-01-02 21:13, Simon Perreault whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

>On January 2, 2004 17:38, Krikket wrote:
>

>>I now have it loaded and running...  Is there a way of having it
>>automatically load and execute when I log-off/reboot the system, and to
>>save my settings?
>>

>It should do so automatically, using KDE's session management. In the Control
>Center, in KDE Components -> Session Manager, make sure Restore previous
>session is checked.
>

>>The one thing that doesn't seem to work is to make the small graphics
>>(showing the forcast, winds, temp, etc) full-sized.  It's just too damned
>>small to read otherwise.
>>

>Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. It showed fine on my screen.

I was going to jump in with the same question.  On my screen, the total
graphic is about an inch and a half wide by one inch tall.  Call it
about 38 by 25 mm if you wish, and there's a thick border that has no
real info.  I can squint and just read the 5-day forecast and
conditions, but a radar map of all of North America the size of a
postage stamp is of little use.  (My screen runs at about 128
pixels/inch, or 50 pixels/cm.)

--
Fritz Whittington
Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. (Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)