Install question-grub parameters

Mark Neidorff mark at neidorff.com
Sat Jan 3 08:04:41 UTC 2004

I started a test install of fc1 yesterday.  When I got to the point of
choosing my boot loader (grub) everything was going fine.  The instaler
automatically detected my windows partition and gave me the option to add
other bootable partitions (nice touch), but it didn't give me the option
of adding kernel paramters to the grub command line.  (I wanted to add
"hdc=ide-scsi")  At that point, I stopped.  Is there a way to add a
parameter to the grub command line during install, or do I have to do it
after the first boot and then (groan) boot again or should this be a
feature request for an upcoming release?

Thanks,

Mark