VNC: Fedora <-> Win 2k3

Balo Balo at forum2004.de
Sat Jan 3 21:55:21 UTC 2004

High

Yesterday i installed Fedora Core 1 on my Workstation. At my Windows 2003
Server is no Screen plugged in. So i have to remote controll it! I installed
RealVNC the actual version (4.xx) on the Server and wanted to connect to it
with the nativ Fedora VNC Viewer (i think it's RealVNC, too). It succeeded
but, i just saw an black screen.
In the Mailing Lists of RealVNC stands, that there is a bug with Win2k3, but
it's not fixed and there are no workarounds. Next step: I installed TightVNC
on both, the Server and Fedora => New System, old Problem! Just a black
screen.

Has someone an idea? If nothing works, if have the option to install the
Terminal Server on Windows, i know
The 2 Computers are connected via a 10Mbit LAN

Thx! Best wishes, Sebastian Müller

(sry for my bad English! I'm a german pupil)