National ISO in fstab

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Sat Jan 3 22:33:44 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 03.01.2003 schrieb Sheedee um 22:35:

[Snip]
> And about system being buggy. Fedora Core 1 is the FIRST stable release of
> fedora and as such, it can be buggy (and it is).

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that. There have been lots of
people, who downloaded the three test versions, so it is the best tested
Red Hat release EVER. Although there is no support from Red Hat, one
could say it _IS_ Red Hat 10, at least kind of.

> Thanks to Christoph, but I already tried that, didn't work. I'm starting to
> think, that something is wrong with the partition itself.

Could be, but I doubt that, because I haven't seen that before. Windows
_should_ support utf-8, so have you tried that?

Maybe you tell us (in detail), what you have already tried:
- What locales are you using?
- What fstab options did you try?
- Did you remount the drives?
- Did you try with the original kernel or only with the one you've
compiled yourself? Perhaps you messed up something there?

> I guess I could
> fix it, if I spent enaugh time working on it and mailing in this list, but
> it seems easier to either change the partition, or change the distro 'till
> new fedora is out.

You'll never get anywhere, if you always change the distro, the hardware
or whatever... Also I think you will not be lucky with FC 2: You'll face
the same problems there.

Christoph