National ISO in fstab

Sheedee sheedee at atlas.cz
Sat Jan 3 22:41:11 UTC 2004

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:33:44 +0100, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at web.de> wrote:

> Am Fr, den 03.01.2003 schrieb Sheedee um 22:35:
>
> [Snip]
>> And about system being buggy. Fedora Core 1 is the FIRST stable release
>> of fedora and as such, it can be buggy (and it is).
>
> Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that. There have been lots of
> people, who downloaded the three test versions, so it is the best tested
> Red Hat release EVER. Although there is no support from Red Hat, one
> could say it _IS_ Red Hat 10, at least kind of.
>
>> Thanks to Christoph, but I already tried that, didn't work. I'm starting
>> to think, that something is wrong with the partition itself.
>
> Could be, but I doubt that, because I haven't seen that before. Windows
> _should_ support utf-8, so have you tried that?
>
> Maybe you tell us (in detail), what you have already tried:
> - What locales are you using?
> - What fstab options did you try?
> - Did you remount the drives? - Did you try with the original kernel or
> only with the one you've
> compiled yourself? Perhaps you messed up something there?
>
>> I guess I could fix it, if I spent enaugh time working on it and mailing
>> in this list, but it seems easier to either change the partition, or
>> change the distro 'till new fedora is out.
>
> You'll never get anywhere, if you always change the distro, the hardware
> or whatever... Also I think you will not be lucky with FC 2: You'll face
> the same problems there.
>
> Christoph

You're right, were this my computer, I'd keep trying, but since it's not
mine and I don't even have acces to it now (I will tomorrow) I just gave up
;) And yes, Windows do support utf-8 (from what I know), but marks from my
language just don't display correctly.