how do I enable ssl for apache. SUCCESS!

Ron Peters rbpeters at peterro.com
Sun Jan 4 03:33:56 UTC 2004

mega-snip

> I have a similar configuration running, one main host, a dozen virtual
> hosts and a few HTTPS virtual hosts with their own IP serving for
> virtual webmail hosting with horde/imp. Running fine.
>
> If you like, send me your httpd.conf and ssl.conf files and I will have
> a close look at them.

I was getting ready to do this when I had another idea which fixed
everything.

I noted that in the ssl.conf file, the virtualhost line specified the port
(443).  My httpd.conf file didn't have any port specified for any of my 3
virtualhosts's ( I believe that they are assumed to be 80 ).  I specified
port 80 for all three, restarted apache, and now they work perfectly.  I
guess the server couldn't assume 80 when it started using 443.

I did have to make one other fix for squirrelmail.  I was getting this
error in the ssl_error.log file:

SSL Re-negotiation in conjunction with POST method not supported!
hint: try SSLOptions +OptRenegotiate

The hint was the change I made and it took care of the problem.

Thanks again for all the help.

Ron.