Problem with USB hard disk on Fedora Core 1

Andrew Wafula thewert at hotpop.com
Sun Jan 4 15:03:37 UTC 2004

>on my system it shows up as /dev/sda1. have you tried that one yet?
>alex.

Hello,

I had done some checking. The system loads up the usb-storage modules and
lists the hard disk in /proc/bus/usb/devices and when I do "usbmodules
/proc/bus/usb/002/001" it returns usb-storage.

However, if I start hardware browser (hwbrowser) it only shows my internal
hdd. Before, in RH8 it used to show up as /dev/sda. But now it seems
invisible to me, though the system recognises from what I can see from the
above files.

Any suggestions on what to do are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew