xcdroast does not like DVD+R drives

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Sun Jan 4 21:05:39 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 12:50, Peter Kiem wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > When Ichecked the Xcdroast site it stated that the version shipped with
> > FC1 would not work right with DVD+RW's I upgraded to the alpa15 series
>
> OK, where is that notice?
>
> > You do have to read the Read notes and follow them completely or it will
> > not work.
>
> The way I read their documentation it was recent versions of
> cdrecord-prodvd that enabled the DVD+RW capabilities as it is
> cdrecord-prodvd that does the work.

If you are going to burn DVDs, you are better off with k3b.
(http://www.k3b.org/)  It requires some extra libraries, which you will
want anyway. (DVD+R tools.) It also gets you away from the closed source
cdrecord.prodvd. The interface is like Nero in the Windows world (which
is good and bad), but it works a great deal better.

--
Alan <alan at clueserver.org>