Upgrade to Core 2 (devel tree)

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jan 4 21:16:31 UTC 2004

Chris Sparks wrote:
> I'll wait for a more stable Fedora. There is too much going on that
> makes me very leery of adding
> problems to my system.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I just finished doing an ftp install of the development (rawhide). This
means no Fedora Core 1, just what was in the development tree.

The only problems that I have had so far were with mkintird causing a
kernel panic. I had to remove the LABEL= entry and replace it with a
root=/dev/hdx entry instead. I read on another list that backtracking to
an older mkintird would work with LABEL=. (Devices are more informative)

As far as bugs encountered, so far, xmms segfaulted. I tried out a few
other programs and all seemed to work.

If you did an update to development, you would have all sorts of
problems with python, up2date, and with redhat-config-whatever (if kudzu
was installed).

Holding off might be a good idea, unless you are adventerous enough to
attempt it.

Jim