Bind v. TinyDNS

Alex White prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 5 02:42:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:27:22 +0800 Christopher Chan <cchan at outblaze.com>
typed with great determination:

>>what license? DJB does not believe in licensing.
>>
>>I cannot believe that people actually come out and complain about what
>
>>they can or cannot do with somebody's work.

Well, I didn't complain per se about what can or can not be done with
the work. I don't use the work, but if I did, I wouldn't have a problem
with it then now would I?

Secondly, once you state what can or can not be done with something, I'm
thinkin' that's a license. It may not even be on a piece of paper, but
it's still a license. A license is after all, Authority or liberty given
to do or forbear any act. This is especially true if it is a formal
permission from proper authorities (in this case the writer of said
software) to do a certain act (or not do a certain act).

Is this not correct? I would think so.

Alex