cannot get Modem Lights to make or break dialup connection-correction

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Jan 5 14:20:13 UTC 2004

Around about 25/12/2003 02:33, Dennis Calhoun typed ...
> Thanks. I did that and yes, I now can use the button to establish my
> dialup connection, BUT.... there is now no Disconnect option offered!
> After I connect, when I want to disconnect, it offers only "Do you
> want to connect?" with the buttons "cancel" or "connect".

   Check the lock file in its prefs:  it defaults to something like
/var/lock/modem (? - check path) but I've always needed /var/lock/ttyS0
(ditto on the path).  Your install may have reverted this.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature