XFree86 ati driver

Graham White graham at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Mon Jan 5 16:38:41 UTC 2004

I have an HP Omnibook 500 (ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x
video controller, according to lspci). I get the
following problems with the display:

i) palette corruption: some light greys get replaced with
pinks or blues, and can also look pixellated and flickery
ii) fonts can look rainbowish instead of black, and the same
goes for rules around text fields in web browsers
iii) occasionally I get an all white display.

All of the above sporadic (i.e. it doesn't happen all the time,
or with the same colours), but frequent (it happens more often
than not). It occurs regardless of which display frequency I use.

Anyone experienced this? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Graham White