CUPS Problem - I think???

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Mon Jan 5 18:21:50 UTC 2004

I'm having a strange problem that seems to be related to CUPS???

I have a dual boot box (Fedora/Win98) that has a couple of printers
attached to it.  I also have an XP Pro box that I want to use to print to
the dual boot system.

I can print just fine to the system when booted to Win98 from the XP box.
If I then reboot from Win98 to Fedora the XP box is still able to print.
However, if I reboot the XP box I lose all ability to print to the Fedora
box.

I can use network neighbourhood on the XP box to look at shares on the
fedora box (ie /tmp).  The printers are shown in network neighbourhood but
they are not accessable.

Also, if I try and add a printer using the XP wizard it does not show the
fedora box at all.

I have turned on sharing for all computers on the fedora box using the
printer configurator.

Any hints on what is going wrong?

Gerry