NUBIE to alternate OS world-Install

Ian Desjarlais iand at cisunix.unh.edu
Mon Jan 5 23:03:31 UTC 2004

Weeks ago I downloaded the RH Linux 9 ISO's and was clueless.  Yesterday I
downloaded and burned the three ISO;s for Fedora, and not much has changed... I
have laptop running XP professional on a double partitioned HD (1/2 is XP, 1/2
is unformatted)  I tried to boot off of the first ISO and nothing happend
except windows booted.  I then tried imaging the boot floopy, but it was larger
than 1.4 mb...it didn't fit.    I also have no clue how to run  a shell prompt
to check the   MD5cheksumthing or other.  Here I now find myself asking for any
help that peopel may give.

IanD