Using dual cpu capabilities

Mike mikewes at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 6 00:25:12 UTC 2004

>Tuning it for better performance will depend on what you are using it
>for since "better" will be relative to that.

The idea behind it was the following. The basic kernal is missing, so far I
can remember, a flag for using more then one CPU. Probably there is also
included a flag for using Hyper Threading. In first line I am curious or
this configured automaticaly so the full capabilities are used
automatically.

The server will basically be used for running http, php and mysql and maybe
a chat server. The configuration will be probably (2*2.4GHz Xeon, 1 GB
memory, 2 36GB Raptor SATA disks).
The reason/background behind this:
My old RAQ4 is missing the latest php versions from SUN and they are just
updating the most necessary security updates. Meanwhil my memberlist on my
webserver is increasing so I am planning to make this step (at this moment
the configuration is overkill, I know .. I know).

Mike