Problem booting

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jan 6 00:56:52 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 00:10, Roger Skildum wrote:
> I just upgraded from Red Hat 8.0 to Fedora Core.  Most everything seemed
> to go OK with the exception that when I reboot the system it seems to
> lockup on checking for new hardware.  It will set there for between 15
> to 30 minutes and then quickly scrolls:

I take it this is kudzu.
You could just turn kudzu off by "chkconfig --del kudzu".
Kudzu usually strikes me as fairly useless anyway.

Or go through the /etc/rc.d/init.d/kudzu script
and see where the problem arises.
(I would put in little messages to see where it had got to.)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366