NUBIE to alternate OS world-Install

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Tue Jan 6 01:18:19 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 06.01.2004 schrieb Ian Desjarlais um 02:08:
> you had asked whether or not there was only one file on the first disk,
> specifically "yarrow-i386-disc1.iso".  THere is indeed only one...should there
> be?   Is the boot file supposed to be on the first disk?

I shouldn't. Seems you have burned the distribution file
(yarr...disc1.iso) onto the CD. You have to instruct your burning tool
to "unpack" the iso image file to a regular CD file system. I suppose
you use windows for burning CD. May be, you should ask a windows user
how to create a regular CD from an ISO image file.

Peter