Using dual cpu capabilities

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jan 6 01:52:50 UTC 2004

Mike wrote:

>What I realy want is to to use the whole 100% advantage of both CPU's with
>Hyper threading capabilities. I concluded out of the answer this is
>configured automaticaly. - Or am I wrong (that's is why I am asking here
>:-) ).
>
>Mike

 From my personal experience with a Dell machine with just Xeon
processor under RH9 , the anaconda installer detects the "two" cpus and
installs the SMP kernel... The machine I installed had a stock smp
kernel  and it detected the "two" processors (one of them being the
logical processor created by Hyperthreading).... So , the answer is
yes.. the stock SMP kernel has support to hyperthreading .. (btw, it
only has to support SMP and ACPI to support Hyperthreading , as I found
out when compiling a custom kernel).

Pedro Macedo