EXT3-fs error

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Tue Jan 6 06:09:53 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
<snip>>
> Well, this configuration file is take by /etc/rc.sysinit and therefore
> take when kernel is loaded and drives are already recognized. See line
> 730ff. It just also calls hdparm. So I see no difference in doing it
> later.

At some stage in Redhat, changing hdparm setting on the fly was
disabled, forcing you to do it in /etc/sysconfig/harddisks  .

Clearly this is not necessarry or has been changed again for some reason.

In any case you can make the change in /etc/sysconfig/harddisks  so
that the change is consistently applied if it helps.

Cheers,
Michael