can someone explain why *this* page does NOT load properly?

Mads Villadsen maxx at krakoa.dk
Tue Jan 6 08:39:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 09:18, jpearl24 wrote:
[snip]
> i think mozilla /netscape doesnt like div tag code much ...
> im sure for now the average user isnt using linux anyways.

Actually Mozilla is doing the right thing here (if I understand the
problem correctly - I haven't seen it in IE, so I don't know what the
author wants it to look like).

The div has position set to absolute, which means that it is remove from
the page flow.

What this (roughly) means is that first the content of the page is
shown, then all divs with position: absolute are show.

Look here for further information:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/visuren.html#absolute-positioning