problem with compiling mkinitrd-3.5.17-1 from src rpm

artur artur.miler.810 at student.lu.se
Tue Jan 6 09:53:52 UTC 2004

jpearl24 wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 02:32, artur wrote:
>

>>hello ppl
>>
>>I'm not sure if I have subscribed to correct list; but however; here is
>>my question; hope that someone can help me:
>>
>>I'm trying to compile mkinitrd from development pub of fedora from src.
>>I'm using gcc 3.3.2-5 also from development
>>pub. However I get error massage that nash is not found; so it doesn't
>>seem like compile error to me; but I'm not so experienced
>>about this. Below is error:
>>
>>install -m755 installkernel /var/tmp/mkinitrd-root/sbin/installkernel
>>chmod 755 /var/tmp/mkinitrd-root/sbin/mkinitrd
>>install -m644 mkinitrd.8
>>/var/tmp/mkinitrd-root//usr/share/man/man8/mkinitrd.8
>>+ /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-compress
>>+ /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip /usr/bin/strip
>>+ /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip-static-archive /usr/bin/strip
>>+ /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip-comment-note /usr/bin/strip /usr/bin/objdump
>>Processing files: mkinitrd-3.5.17-1
>>error: File not found: /var/tmp/mkinitrd-root/sbin/nash
>>error: File not found by glob:
>>/var/tmp/mkinitrd-root/usr/share/man/man8/nash.8*
>>

>>RPM build errors:
>>    File not found: /var/tmp/mkinitrd-root/sbin/nash
>>    File not found by glob:
>>/var/tmp/mkinitrd-root/usr/share/man/man8/nash.8*
>>

>>Searching on the webb I have found that nash is some simple shell
>>interprter written for initrd.
>>Is this file missing from mkinitrd package or should I get something
>>else that rpm forgott to check for?
>>Or can it be because of some other error? Hope someone have a clue ...
>>

>its a source rpm so... type rpmbuild <name>
>or rpmbuild -rebuild <name>

well yeah :)

if you don't mind this output that I have pasted above was produced be
typing rpmbuild --rebuild to be honest.
so that part seems to be pretty behind me;

Sorry I don't want to be untankful; thnks for your answer, but I rather
need some help about why compile fails;
why is nash missing there?