Manage mailing list in Evolution

Wolfgang wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Tue Jan 6 15:17:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 23:54, Shi-Ming Chen wrote:
> Can I build a filter to actually delete the mail of this mailing
> list in the *trash* folder WITHOUT delete other mail also in the
> *trash* folder?
> The reason to the filter is that I often mark my mail as deleted
> and preserve them in the *trash* folder, but I don't need the mail of
> mailing list to be preserved --- I can find them in the archive at web
> site.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Shi-Ming Chen

Right click on a message that you received from the
fedora-list at redhat.com. Go down to the bottom of the pop-down window and
create a rule from the sender. And then tell it you want to Delete (Or
you could have it put into another folder like I do) it, when it comes
into your inbox. Once you have done that, you can run the rule on your
inbox by pressing ctrl-a (Select all) and then press ctrl-Y to run rule.

Wolf