yum local repository howto?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Jan 6 18:25:06 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Randy Vice <damocles at thenostromo.com> said:
> Duke is talking about limiting access to tier2 sites.  Is there another
> site that will allow individuals to rsync?

I do (mirror.hiwaay.net) on a expiremental basis (i.e. if it causes too
much load it may go away without warning).  The main problem I have with
rsync is the RAM overhead; my mirror only has 256MB RAM (it is an old
cast-off Intergraph server that takes odd-ball memory that I haven't
been able to upgrade).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>