Sound Drivers

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Tue Jan 6 20:45:04 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-admin at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-admin at redhat.com]On Behalf Of Ketchens, LeMarr T.
(RyTull)
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 3:35 PM
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: RE: Sound Drivers

I searched the archives and could not find anything fitting.  I'm trying to
install the madwifi software for my wirleless pc card.  I uncompressed the
tar file and then issued the "make" which is in the README file.  What I got
was this.  I've played with the makefile.inc file, but I'm not getting any
positive results.

[root at localhost madwifi-20030802]# make
Makefile.inc:98: /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/build/.config: No such
file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/build/.config'.  Stop.
[root at localhost madwifi-20030802]#

---> Two things:
1) You may find it more useful to change the subject line of your message
when you also change the subject.  One might believe that this message is
about sound drivers, and not wifi cards.

2) This happened to me also, when I tried to build madwifi using a stock
kernel.  When I built a newer kernel version from source, I had a ./config
file and was able to build properly.  I don't know what to do when using a
stock kernel.  For that matter, once I built the packages I still couldn't
get things to work.  YMMV.

 -Don