Gnome menu editor

Davor Herga davor.herga at guest.arnes.si
Wed Jan 7 11:50:16 UTC 2004

> Subject: Re: Gnome menu editor
> From: Michael Knepher <limbo at bluethingy.com>
> To: Fedora List <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:37:04 -0800
>
> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 14:37, Davor Herga wrote:
> > Ahoj again!
> >
> > Thanx for the advice Michael, but it seems it didn't work well...
> > I couldn't find menu editor, so I turned to the old conf script,
> > but I've lost my menu almost completely.
>
> Interesting. What exactly did you do? You didn't delete
> default-modules.conf did you?
>
> > I did the reinstall of all gnome-vfs and gnome-vfs2, but no good.
> > So now I am forced to use the default-modules.conf.with-menu-editing or
> > there is no menu.
> >
> > Also when I go to start-here:///, everything is empty....
> >

> > Any ideas?
>
> Check ~/.gnome2/vfolders/ for any files with a *.vfolder-info extension.
> If there are any, delete them. Run killall gnome-panel to force the
> panel to restart, and see if you get any then. Make sure you've restored
> the original default-modules.conf in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/ . I
> believe the original file should have some lines like the following:
>
> # vfolder desktop method
> applications:                   vfolder-desktop-old
> applications-all-users:         vfolder-desktop-old
> all-applications:               vfolder-desktop-old
> all-preferences:                vfolder-desktop-old
> favorites:                      desktop
> network:                        desktop
> preferences:                    vfolder-desktop-old
> preferences-all-users:          vfolder-desktop-old
> server-settings:                vfolder-desktop-old
> start-here:                     desktop
> system-settings:                vfolder-desktop-old

It worked. I managed to restore the old menu.
Since I couldn't be at peace, I tried to get the menu editing feature
again and it worked well this time.
I remember that the first time I didn't do the 'killall gnome-panel',
maybe this was the reason why my start-here was empty.

Thanx and

ENjoY!

Davor.