Proper ettiquette for posting messages

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 7 21:10:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 10:19:01AM -0600, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> > I'd be curious to hear
> >  what your developers thought about this strict enforcement.  I'm a
> > software developer, and my pc is my pc.
>
> Well, I work for a state law enforcement agency, and my pc is the state's
> pc. :)

With internet crime such a big, growing and visible area of law
enforcement you will need to have a mix of boxes.  If I was to send a
suspected virus or fraud email to an officer (any officer) you cannot
filter and discard the bad boy bits at the firewall.  That would be
tampering with evidence.

Your internet 'guys' will need a mix of boxes to safely receive,
inspect and archive evidence files.  For some productivity reasons you
will need M$ boxes but for other reasons you will need a MIX of
inspection, archival and backup resources.

Also, outward facing tools and web pages need to be accessible by the
community. Same as wheel chair access, and just the same set of
reasons that cause ballots to be printed in eleven languages in
California.  Public documents will need to be equally accessible to
all as technology permits.

You as a 'manager' will need to be vigilant for such interoperability
and accessibility in your work ;-)

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48-at-sbcglobal-dot-net