acroread aborts

listas at lozano.eti.br listas at lozano.eti.br
Wed Jan 7 23:11:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > To use that all time you can make an alias in ~/.bashrc
> >
> > alias acro='export LANG=en_US; acroread'
>
> Not a good idea *this* way, as it will *leave* your LANG set
> to "en_US" and makes your LANG dependent on whether or not
> you have started acroread during a session.

So let's tell everyone a better way:

alias acroread='LANG=pt_BR.ISO8859-1 acroread'

Of course, change "pt_BR" for your locale code. You could also use

alias acroread='LANG=C acroread'

But you won't be abble to type accented characters for portuguese, french, ...

But I prefer to put the above statements on a shell script because bash aliases
won't be used from desktop icons.

[]s, Fernando Lozano