Canon F50 printer

Alex Olivas olivasa at colorado.edu
Wed Jan 7 22:25:11 UTC 2004

Wade Hampton wrote:

> G'day,
>
> I happened to purchase one of these a while back (dumb),
> and it currently is not recognized by Fedora.  Any idea on
> how to get the usb printer driver stuff to at least recognize
> this as a printer.  Once I do that, I may be able to use one
> of the other Canon printer drivers with this beasty.
> --
> Wade Hampton

have you tried looking at /dev/usb/lp0?  i have a canon i560 and that's
what it's assigned to.
i also have had pretty good luck with the turboprint drivers.
http://www.turboprint.de/english.html
it doesn't list the F50 as a printer the current version of turboprint
supports, but if you send them
an email they may be able to help you out.
alex.