nondestructive partition manager

Kevin Street kwsml at rogers.com
Wed Jan 7 22:47:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:15, Trevor Smith wrote:
> On January 7, 2004 11:48 am, Rodrigo Malara wrote:
> > It was a long time ago and I don't remember the details,
> > but the info and man pages are good resources of information...
>
> It's hard to find man pages when you don't know the name of the program. :-)
> But someone else already mentioned it (parted). Thanks!

apropos is your friend.

$ apropos partition

GNU Parted [parted]  (8)  - a partition manipulation program
MPI_Cart_sub         (3)  - Partitions a communicator into subgroups
which form lower-dimensional cartesian subgrids
fdisk                (8)  - Partition table manipulator for Linux
iostat               (1)  - Report Central Processing Unit (CPU)
statistics and input/output statistics for devices and partitions
jfs_mkfs             (8)  - create a JFS formatted partition
jfs_mkfs [mkfs]      (8)  - create a JFS formatted partition
lvmdiskscan          (8)  - scan for all disks / multiple devices /
partitions available
mpartition           (1)  - partition an MSDOS hard disk
partprobe            (8)  - inform the OS of partition table changes
pvcreate             (8)  - initialize a disk or partition for use by
LVM
sfdisk               (8)  - Partition table manipulator for Linux

--
Kevin Street
street at rogers.com